More than a week has gone by and the Pacific County Emergency Management Agency is still answering questions on behalf of residents who want to make sure they are prepared and notified when the next event happens. Here are some ways you can ensure you receive all the latest notifications.
· Like the PCEMA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pcema to follow frequent emergency management and preparedness dialogue.
· Follow @PCEOCNews on Twitter to get updates from the Pacific County EOC when activated. If you are not signed up for Twitter, you can receive the same information via text message. Just text "follow PCEOCNews" to 40404.
· Follow @PacificCountyEM on Twitter to get updates from Pacific County Emergency Management Deputy Director Scott McDougall
· Receive the latest emergency management information, hazardous weather notices, and monthly newsletter by signing up for the PCEMA email list. Provide your name and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and include the word "Subscribe" in the subject line.
· Read the latest emergency management information on the PCEMA blog at www.pcema.blogspot.com.
· Visit the PCEMA website at www.co.pacific.wa.us/pcema for valuable preparedness materials and to learn about hazards prone to Pacific County.
· Register your wireless and/or VoIP phone numbers with the Pacific County Emergency Notification System by visitinghttp://co.pacific.wa.us/pcema/EmergNotifcation.htm. The system is already programmed with landline phone numbers from phone company records.