A family of four had their Sunday interrupted by a fire that consumed their rental at 480 Avery Road West. Austin Olson and family had moved into the rental approximately 10 days previously.
The call came into the Winlock Fire Department at 11:00 a.m., according to Winlock Fire Chief Russ Larson.
Larson stated, "The structure appears to be a total loss. The fire was the result of a propane dryer malfunction. The residents were home at the time of the fire."
"There were no injuries to either the residents or any of the firefighters," Larson continued. "Winlock District 15, Napavine District 5, Toledo District 2 and Vader District 7 were all called out to assist."
"We lost everything. We have nothing," Austin Olson stated. "We have a 5-month-old boy and a 3-year-old boy. We were able to grab a diaper and that was it. We are now in need of everything from diapers to household goods."
Donations to benefit the Olson family are being accepted at both the Winlock Fire Station and the Town Crier.