We recently had a member of our family turn 18 years young and I thought it was a perfect time to give a little advice to all the kids turning 18 this year.
1. Do what makes you happy, don't settle for anything less.
2. Make a list of what you want to do and make it happen.
3. Don't be afraid to fail, be afraid of not trying.
4. Listen to your family and spend more time with them.
5. Learn how to unplug, email, FaceBook and twitter will be there when you are done relaxing.
6. It is not what happens during high school that matters, it is what happens after high school that is important (good grades are required for a good college so keep this in mind)
7. Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and some are gold!!
Winlock Senior Center is looking for pool players (billiards). I just found out something really interesting everyone is invited to the Senior Center. The cost to play pool is only $1, senior or not. They are also looking for cribbage players, same cost $1. The Senior Center isn't just here for the seniors, it is here for the community. It can be rented out or you can play pool, which ever you decide but if you aren't a senior you can enjoy all the things the Center has to offer.
The Winlock Timberland Regional Library on Wednesday from 12:30-1:30 p.m. will be having their "Get Crafty" in honor of the school having early release. Head over to the library and make some wonderful crafts. On Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon, the library will be having a meeting about friends sponsored events, a book sale as well as library activities. Stop by and enjoy everyone!
Winlock High School
Boys Basketball 5:45 p.m. JV 7 p.m. Varsity @Morton for Morton White Pass
Boys Wrestling 4 p.m. weigh in, 5 p.m. meet begins at Ilwaco
Girls Basketball Varsity Only 7 p.m. @Wahkiakum
Boys Basketball JV 5:45 p.m., Varsity 7 p.m. vs Wahkiakum @Winlock
Girls Round Robin Wrestling 3:30 p.m. weigh in, 4:30 p.m. meet @R.A Long
Boys Wrestling 8 a.m. weigh in, 10 a.m. meet, @Kalama
Basketball Girls and Boys Double Header 5:45 vs Onalaska @Winlock
Wednesday Jan. 28
Basketball JV 5:45 p.m. Varsity 7 p.m. @Toutle Lake
Boys Mix and Match, 4 p.m. weigh in 5 p.m. meet starts @Rainier.