On October 18 this year, Nathan Oster was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. Nathan left behind his partner Jessica Croco along with his 11-year-old daughter and a new 4-month-old baby Ryker. The family is needing the community support to help pay for funeral expenses and other expenses.
They all stepped forward to do all that they could
None of them asked if the shouldn't or should!
They came from all across this great land,
Most just a boy, not yet quite a man.
But men they became and courageous ones too
They stood shoulder to shoulder for the Red White and Blue.
Not all were warriors, not all took the fall,
But they all gave some, even though some gave all.
Baby Bjorn has been transferred to the care of Children's Hospital in Seattle to undergo a new medical trial since the chemotherapy was not as effective as predicted.
Gordon L. Aleshire is a well-known member of the Raymond VFW Post 968 and the American Legion Post 150. Instead of risking being selected in the draft he willingly joined the army. While deployed to Vietnam with the 132nd Assault Support Helicopter Company he earned the Bronze Star for Meritorious Service. The 132nd ASHC was deployed to Chu Lai, Vietnam for 42 consecutive months and managed to only lose two aircraft.
The Pacific County Commissioners passed a State of Emergency Declaration for the oyster industry on October 23 due to the increasing pandemic of ghost shrimp in Willapa Bay. For the past several years the population has steadily increased and shellfish farmers have been left with no options to combat the issue.
Pacific County and the Washington State Department of Ecology have been in a heated back and forth for approval to use the pesticide carbaryl for aquatic uses. The Department of Ecology then made a suggestion to use imidacloprid as an alternative. They then quickly backtracked on the recommendation sighting a concern raised from non-spray groups of the impact it would have on bee populations. A concern the Pacific County Commissioners are disagreeing with.
Friday, October 30 around 1:30 p.m. the Raymond Fire Department responded to a fully engulfed RV in a backyard on 8th Street in Raymond. Once on scene crews discovered flames erupting from the RV and heavy dense smoke.
You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!
Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: