Pictured left to right: Maglite Marketing Director Lou Desmond, Haylee Laur, Winlock Fire Chief Richard Underdahl and Jackson Hwy Fire Department representative.
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 3:34 pm
I received a Press Release from Maglight, the company is known for its flashlights. It was a press release that touched my heart, I hope it does for you.
From Maglight, written by Lou Desmond.
It was a snowy evening during Christmas week in Winlock, Washington and Haylee Laur was babysitting two of her youngest siblings while her parents were out picking up a new washer and dryer. Haylee, 15, was in the living room while her sisters played in other rooms when she smelled smoke. Turning to the source down the hallway she saw flames leaping from the closet that held the home heating system. Haylee had to run past the flames to get to the youngest, her sister, three-year-old Elijah (Ellie). With Ellie in her arms she made sure the other child at home, four-year-old Madison also got out. Once outside with the others they realized their beloved Pug Buddy, (who has a bad leg and trouble walking) was still inside. Crawling to avoid the smoke she went back into the house and rescued Buddy.